Pages

Monday, November 8, 2021

Workshop: SEXXXY Paragraphs |English2021

Scene - 'They don't own me' 
Brainstorm 
  • Angles, movement, shots, Over the shoulder 
  • Music Diegetic sound
  • Lighting/colour, 
  • Settings
  • Costumes + make-up
  • Character/ Dialogue  
Theme - Rich vs Poor, Hope and Rebellion, Struggle for Power

What happened - Peeta and Katniss are having a conversation about how the games might affect them. 
  • Angles, movement, shots, Over the shoulder - shows speaker, puts us in listeners P.O.V make us part of the conversation 
  • Close up - This shows the emotion of the two-nervous, anxious, mostly Peeta.
  • Lighting/Colour - Mood - sad, gloomy - Gray, darks, blacks, dim lighting - works with c/u (close-ups) highlights emotion in faces 
  • Dialogue - "I don't want them to change me" "I don't wanna be another piece in their game" If I die, I wanna still be me" 
  • Atmosphere - Foreboding, Nervous, Reluctant, Hesitant - Lighting and colour2 - Dialogue 1- Close up 3
SEXXXY Paragraph 

In the scene 'They don't own me', dialogue is used to create a foreboding atmosphere. Katniss and Peeta are having a conversation about how the upcoming games might affect them. This is demonstrated by the quote "I don' want them to change me", another "If I'm gonna die, I still wanna be me" spoken by Peeta. These show that Peeta has a sense that he is going to have to do things that he doesn't want to do like kill others. This makes the audience feel sorry for Peeta because he is likely going to die, or to kill others to stay alive. The director did this to make us believe that Peeta die early and that being a tribute isn't something to celebrate but a loss of personal autonomy. This work well with colour the dark colours of black and greys which add to the foreboding atmosphere. This aspect can be contrasted to when Peeta joins the Career Pack once in the game because they are cold-hearted killers which is what Peeta didn't want to be.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about